Thursday, May 21, 2009

La Fête Terminal, Annulée

Dear French club students and parents:
It is with great dismay that I report to you that the end of year party has been canceled. The problem is that we only have enough funds to buy tickets to The Tournament of Kings if we use the 2 for 1 special offered to local citizens. Unfortunately our funds were locked in the French club bank account and they would not release it accept in a check to the casino who would not accept a check from an organization to pay for the 2 for 1 special. We were caught between conflicting bureaucratic policies and neither organization would budge for us. We do not have enough funds to buy a normal ticket for every student who is qualified to go, so we had to cancel. I apologize for the mess up and hope you will not be too disappointed. I worked very hard for 3 weeks to resolve this to no avail.
Mr. S. Hill, French teacher, Rancho.

No comments:

Post a Comment